To enable the full engagement of people with disabilities in Unitarian Universalist communities and the broader society.
Our Vision of the Future:
- There are no attitudinal, physical or communication barriers preventing full participation in the life of our Unitarian Universalist communities and the broader society.
Unitarian Universalists are active in disability justice issues.
We pledge to:
- Model living our faith as Unitarian Universalists.
- Act as a prophetic witness to the tenets of inclusion and justice as applied in our congregations and our society.
- Challenge ourselves and others to identify and eliminate barriers for people with disabilities.
- Promote positive understanding of people with disabilities and challenge ableism wherever it appears.
Left to Right: Carolyn Cartland, Bill Dockery,Suzanne Fast, Linda Wright, Carol Agate with service dog Mollie, The Reverend Barbara Meyers at a meeting of Equual Access Leadership in 2012.
Click here for the current list of the Board of Directors.
Click here to learn about our Policy Committee.
Click here to learn about our Right Relations Committee.
Click here to read through our ByLaws.
Access-L is an email list-serv managed at www.UUA.org by the Unitarian Universalist Association. (Click here to open www.uua.org) The purpose of Access-L is to meet other people with and without disabilities who are interested in matters relating to accessibility, ableism, ability/disability. You are invited to join others who are committed to creating a faith community in which all people are truly welcomed into all aspects of congregational life.
To subscribe to Access-L click here and a new windor will open in your browser. Please follow the directions for subscribing.
Thank you for visiting our site. Please click here to contact us if you want more information or have additional questions.